Adapt and Carry On—We’re Hosting Our 2020 Scarecrow Contest!
Even with the necessity of following various precautions in light of Covid-19, we are still committed to hosting fun events to bring together our community and keep a hopeful spirit. The rules and procedures for this year’s Scarecrow Contest are a little different to keep everyone safe, and this page will tell you all you need to know to participate. When voting begins, you will find a link here as well.
Reserve your Scarecrow installation time: A signup form is below, click here to skip to form. Setup dates are Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25 from 10am-4pm. (Alternate time arrangements can be made if needed.) We want this to be a fun and safe experience for all participants. Accordingly, registration and installation of your scarecrow must be done by reservation only, in order to comply with social distancing requirements. We will send you reminders via email. However we also need a phone number to check in with you, just in case you are running late for your time slot.
Please bring your scarecrow to the Worthington Park Mansion located at 101 W Columbia St., Quilcene, WA 98376 at your reservation time. A support post (approx. 5′ tall) and hay/straw stuffing will be provided, if needed. You will be provided a registration number to pin to your scarecrow—Let the community viewing begin!
The voting poll will open October 27 and close on October 30, here on the Worthington Park website. A link will be added here when voting is live, as well as linked in the main navigation menu under this page. The prize will go to the community favorite. The winning scarecrow will be announced on October 31 here on the website and on social media. The winner will also be contacted through registration info. Photos of each scarecrow will be provided on the voting page, however you are also welcome to drive by the mansion on Columbia Street to see them in person, being sure to follow state recommendations for physical distancing.
We ask that scarecrows stay on display until November 15. We will work with you during your installation appointment to set a date and time to take them down.
We will conduct the Scarecrow Contest in accordance with the latest Phase 2 restrictions.
- A maximum of 5 people outside your household may be gathered at any given time, and at a minimum of 6 feet of separation.
- Masks are mandatory. Scarecrows will be set up at 10ft intervals.
- We will minimize WP staff on site, with a single volunteer overseeing entry registration and installation.
For additional information guiding outdoor public events in Jefferson County during Phase 2 of the Padnemic, please visit the following links, which will open in a new tab:
Jefferson County Public Health
Washington State Coronavirus Information: Safe Start Phases
Sign Up for Your Setup Time
Please check the list for a slot to set up your scarecrow. Important information:
- Fill out the form below to book your slot. Please choose one or two alternate times in case someone else has booked a slot ahead of you since we last updated the calendar.
- We will send you email confirmation of your time. If you do not receive one, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your slot must be confirmed before you arrive.
- This calendar is a non-interactive list only, please complete the form below to reserve your time.
- Need other time accommodations? Please make a note in the contact form and we will make alternate arrangements.