Club, Business & Org's
Survivor Scarecrow Winner
This was the most difficult category in which to pick a winner, because all the entries held up incredibly well this year! We appreciate all the thought and hard work that our participants put into weatherproofing their scarecrows, in addition to making them as fun and creative as we have come to expect!
And the winner is: Sasquatch!
A big Thank You and accolades to everyone who participated, and we look forward to seeing your creative entry next year!
The main category winners are in! All 17 entries were fabulous, and the judges had a tough time picking just one winner out of each category.
This year’s prizes are:
- An ice cream party, donated by the Quilcene Historical Museum, for the Fifth Grade’s The Queen in the Classroom Project category
- A gift certificate donated by QuillBilly’s Restaurant and Taproom for Gnoming Around in the General Category
- A Museum Membership, donated by the Quilcene Historical Museum, for Jefferson Dragon in the Business category
- A gift certificate donated by Gearhead Deli for Sasquatch, winner of the Survivor Scarecrow category
All 2022 Entries
All the scarecrows are fantastic! Check out the galleries below to see them all. Click here to skip to this year’s contest details, or scroll below the galleries on this page.
Business, Clubs, and Organizations Category
It’s time for the Quilcene Historical Museum’s annual Scarecrow contest! There are some changes to procedures from the past couple of years, so keep reading to find out what is new so you can join the fun.
Categories have changed a little. The General category is the same as last year, for individuals, families, or other groups. The Elementary category is now the Classroom Projects category, for students in the Quilcene and Brinnon schools. Instead of the ‘Expert’ category, this year we have a ‘Businesses, Clubs, and Organizations’ category.
New for this year is a special category: Best Weather “Survivor Scarecrow”, for which all entries are eligible to win. Can your scarecrow land two prizes?
There are no requirements to sign up for setup appointments this year, other than to turn up during the times available for setting up your scarecrow! The available dates are:
- Friday, October 14th: 3-5pm
- Saturday, October 15th: 10-2pm
- Wednesday, October 19th: 4-6pm *New*
- Friday, October 21st: 3-5pm
- Saturday, October 22nd: 10-2pm *New*
Come with your materials, and get your registration tag at the Quilcene Historical Museum porch. As in prior years, the Museum will provide a support post and straw. You provide everything else!
Winners are to be chosen differently this year: by a panel of local business and organization leaders. There is no online voting this year, however we will again publish the winning entries on our blog.
Winners will be announced by October 25th, and scarecrows must be removed on November 1st through the 3rd.
Have questions? Send a message to Cleone using the contact form below.